TW Orthodontics provides Invisalign® in Selma, Montgomery, Enterprise, and Andalusia, Alabama. Contact us at your nearest location to schedule an appointment.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a teeth-straightening system that is available as an alternative to braces. Invisalign® clear aligners can correct many of the same orthodontic problems that braces can, such as crowded teeth, overbite, and more.
What makes Invisalign® different from braces is that it uses clear plastic trays that fit over the teeth, called aligners. As opposed to brackets that are permanently attached to your teeth, the aligners are removable like retainers. While most patients may require semi-permanent attachments with Invisalign®, they are still far more discreet than traditional braces.
At the beginning of your treatment, you will receive a set of aligners to get started. Some patients may receive all of their aligner sets at the beginning of treatment while others may require additional scans to make refinements. You will need to wear each aligner for about two weeks before switching to the next in order. Once you have worn all of your aligners according to your orthodontist’s instructions, your treatment will be complete. Invisalign® is available for children, teens, and adults who are ideal candidates for the treatment.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® has many benefits as an orthodontic treatment:
- Invisible: The aligners are virtually invisible on your teeth. Most people won’t even notice them. They are even less visible than clear braces.
- Comfortable: The aligners are made of smooth, flexible plastic that won’t irritate the soft tissues of your mouth. Invisalign® also shifts the teeth more gently for less discomfort.
- Convenient: You can remove your aligners to eat and clean your teeth, meaning you won’t have to give up any of your favorite foods or spend extra time on dental hygiene.
- Effective: Invisalign® is proven to be effective at treating many common orthodontic conditions.
- Affordable: Invisalign® is comparable in price to traditional braces, ranging anywhere from $3,500 to $8,000. The actual cost varies depending on a variety of factors.
Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is not necessarily effective for everyone. Most common orthodontic issues can be corrected by Invisalign®, such as crowding, gaps, overbite, underbite, and other conditions. But some patients may need more extensive corrections that could require braces. TW Orthodontics can perform an evaluation to determine whether or not you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign®.
Why Choose TW Orthodontics?
At TW Orthodontics we listen to you, taking your goals and preferences into consideration along with our expertise to create and recommend a treatment plan. If you are interested in Invisalign, we will be glad to evaluate your teeth and bite to determine whether or not it would be an effective treatment option for you. However, we will only recommend what is best for our patients and their long-term dental health.