What are Traditional Braces?
Traditional metal braces are still the most common orthodontic treatment. There have been many advancements in braces technology overtime to reach the current format. The brackets are now smaller, smoother, and gentler on your teeth.
Benefits of Traditional Braces
Metal braces are still the most popular orthodontic treatment because of the following benefits:
- Tried and true method: Traditional braces have stood the test of time for good reason: the method works. Metal and clear braces exert the necessary force on the teeth to move them in proper alignment.
- Effective for most patients: Braces can correct most orthodontic issues, including crowding, misalignment, overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite, and other conditions. The vast majority of patients can have their orthodontic needs met with braces.
- Technological improvements: Advancements in technology have made braces more gentle so that teeth are shifted gradually for less discomfort. Today’s braces can be put on the teeth in an hour.
- Affordable: Traditional metal braces are an affordable teeth straightening system. Clear braces tend to cost more, but the actual cost depends on your orthodontic needs and treatment time.
- Long-lasting results. As long as you wear your retainers according to your orthodontist's instructions following braces treatment, your results can last for the rest of your life.
Are You a Good Candidate for Traditional Braces?
To be a good candidate for traditional braces, you must first have healthy teeth. If you have any signs of tooth decay or gum disease, your dentist will need to address your dental and oral health issues first. Candidates for braces typically have a significant number of permanent teeth in place. TW Orthodontics will perform a preliminary evaluation to determine if your teeth are ready for braces.
Why Choose TW Orthodontics?
One reason to choose TW Orthodontics is that we treat you like family. We provide orthodontic treatment to every patient as we would our own loved ones. Our dedication to quality orthodontic care is apparent in everything we do.